This building came from the Canadian Pacific. It was used as a register building at a railway junction at Cory. Conductors of trains arriving at the junction would registrar their train number and time and date of arrival at the junction. They would also check the registrar to determine what other trains had come through the junction and where they were headed. This would help them determine if it was safe to proceed. For example, they may have received a train order from the dispatcher requiring them to wait at the junction until another train arrived. If the train they were waiting for was registered, they would know that the other train had arrived and it was safe to proceed. If the train was not registered, they would have to wait for its arrival. Built in 1915, the museum acquired it in c. 1990.
New Humboldt Tool Shed
This building is a relatively modern tool shed which was built from a converted ATCO trailer. Canadian Pacific used it in Humboldt and donated it to the museum in 1997. The new Humboldt shed, located near the front of the yard, included a washroom and office for crews to use.
Old Humboldt Tool Shed
Tool sheds were used to store the section gang’s tools and motorcars when they were not being used. Some larger tool sheds also provided space for offices, lunchrooms and washrooms. The old Humboldt tool shed is a Canadian Pacific standard number two tool shed built early in the 20th century and acquired in 1996.
Outlook Tool Shed
Tool sheds were used to store the section gang’s tools and motorcars when they were not being used. Some larger tool sheds also provided space for offices, lunchrooms and washrooms. The Outlook tool shed is a Canadian Pacific standard number two tool shed built after 1915. Interior hooks held a variety of tools in the same location. Note that it has a different style of door from the Humboldt shed.