Built by Montreal Locomotive Works (MLW) to the designs of the American Locomotive Company (ALCO) in 1957. Retired by the CPR in 1985 and acquired by the Museum in 1987.
6568 is an ALCO model S-3 diesel electric switcher. It is equipped with a six cylinder 660 horsepower McIntosh and Seymour series 539 diesel engine that drives a General Electric main generator that in turn provides 600 volts DC to four traction motors, one on each axle. This locomotive has an inoperative main generator and is missing its traction motors.